A work in Progress
Another one of those 'in limbo' times. "Love teaches even asses to dance." --French Proverb
"I must govern the clock, not be governed by it." --Golda Meir

Tuesday, February 1

Sheepishly

I was just thinking to myself, boy it sure is quite in here that's awesome the cat is finally chilling out. Then I remembered the cat is OUTSIDE. And I bet she is playing with that homeless orange toddler cat that I can't catch. However, I did leave food out for it.

This is another one of those, "damn it I'm turning into my mom." Her house was the local stray hotel. I swear almost every time I go home there is a new dog, cat, duck, or bird. You'd think that by now she'd have enrolled herself in the local veterinary course.

I don't think I can remember a single season in my life living with my mom when she wasn't trying to rescue something. If one of our dumb dogs managed to catch a bird she'd shoo the dog off and bring the injured bird inside. So we'd have this little thing with a broken wing chirping around sitting in the window sill. This always minorly irked my dad. He couldn't believe that my mom had brought in another mouth to feed. He's always joke that he'd 'kick a field goal' with our cat. He never did it; but he liked getting a rise out of us. We'd all run to our pets and hug them and tell them their mean grandpa was lying and jealous.

What's ironic is we never did this for sheep. We weren't even allowed to name this because we knew we'd end up eating them. I found this cruel and unusual. But that's another story for another time.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...I wasn't expecting to laugh...THANKS! I needed it with all this moving stuff...again I HATE MOVING. Julie does the same...if I did not watch her...our place would be a zoo...ha ah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

layout by: nyokiglitter; modified by Danna.
sporadic email from yours truly: email: Powered by NotifyList.com
Creative Commons License Powered by Blogger All material © J. Saunders 2002 and beyond.