A work in Progress
Another one of those 'in limbo' times. "Love teaches even asses to dance." --French Proverb
"I must govern the clock, not be governed by it." --Golda Meir

Thursday, February 3

The pretend gardener.

Today I finally got around to planting my tulip bulbs. I bought them last October and was waiting a month or two to plant them. Somehow they got misplaced and forgotten.

I'm sure by now that it's too late; but I planted them anyway because they're only good for one season & I'm secretly an optimist. After planting them I moved another pot to make room. I noticed an earthworm came rolling out. I can't tell you how happy I was to see that worm. I ran inside and told Super J. "there's a worm!" He smiled his familiar smile and said, "cool baby..." I was quite proud.

I feel like I personally created my own little system where a worm happily lives.

And for a minute there I was sad because I don't have a plot of land here to plant & all my plants live in crowded little pots. (I blame the pots when they die-but I'm sure it's just me.)

----

In two days I'm throwing a baby shower for one of my old co-workers, I should call her my friend, but that's a big title reserved for those who've seen me cry. I'm trying not to blow it out of proportion and spend more than I should because I'm doing it alone. It started with about 12 or 13 people talking about it and thinking about it. She's supposed to have the baby any day now, so I finally hammered down a date and place, now no one will help with the cake or decorations. I'm not sure why people do that. It always bothers me when people volunteer and bail out at the last moment or find random things to do when they've already commited to something. So far one person has given me three dollars. I stared at the three dollars and thought, "what the hell am I supposed to buy with three dollars?" But I kept my yap shut because I was happy she at least pitched in. Now if I could shake down the rest of the bunch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

layout by: nyokiglitter; modified by Danna.
sporadic email from yours truly: email: Powered by NotifyList.com
Creative Commons License Powered by Blogger All material © J. Saunders 2002 and beyond.